Slipped Disc surgery India Cost benefits proving advantageous for countless International Patients
Initially, our spinal discs are composed of 80 percent water but with time and as we age, these discs get hydrated, dry and stiff, which lead to the occurrence of many spinal conditions including Slipped Disc, also known as Herniated Disc.
The discs, also called intervertebral discs, are defensive shock-absorbing pads that are located between the bones of the spine or vertebrae. While these discs do not actually ‘slip’, they may bulge, split or get ruptured. This leads to the failure or herniation of the disc cartilage and the surrounding tissue, which further makes the inner gel portion of the disc to invade into the nearby tissue. This jelly-like thing can put pressure on our spinal cord or on a neighbouring nerve that cause the painful symptoms.
The causes behind the occurrence of Slipped Disc are:
- Recurring improper movements, due to sports, incorrect posture during lifting objects and even too much sitting
- Unexpected or sudden injury, or accident
- Ageing and usual wear and tear that comes with the body’s normal aging process
- Obesity and lack of physical exercise
The symptoms of Slipped Disc can be very discomforting:
- Severe pain that mostly affects one side of the body
- Radiating pain going down into the legs, calves or feet
- Tingling sensation
- Numbness in the areas like buttocks, legs or feet
- Unexplained pain that gets bad at night, is persistent even when the patient is resting
- Patient is unable to cover short distances
When surgery is needed?
If the other treatment options like pain relief medications, injections, physiotherapy, etc. are not found effective enough then surgery is the last resort that can help such patients. Other than extreme situations like where the chances severe or permanent nerve and tissue damage is there, surgery is not suggested. Further, if the painful symptoms do not go away with the help of conservative treatment techniques, then minimally invasive surgeries are recommended. There procedures are highly effective in driving away the pain and the patients getting back on their feet at the earliest.
Some of the most commonly performed surgeries are:
- Spinal Fusion
With the medical field rapidly advancing, there is a wide range of treatment choices that are available for every kind of medical condition. India has very commendably adopted these advancements and this is why the healthcare system of India is proving very fruitful for the medical tourists from several corners of the world.
For Slipped Disc too, there is a variety of treatment options depending on the severity of the situation.
The Non-surgical treatment choices are:
- Anti-inflammatory medications – Nerve relievers and medicines, narcotic pain relievers,
- Injections – Steroid injections or Pain Mapping is done to pinpoint the source of pain aptly, this is done to provide relief for the time being till permanent solution is finalized
- Exercise and Physical Therapy – To eliminate muscle weakness and joint stiffness
- Changes in the lifestyles – Losing weight, staying hydrated and staying more active to prevent the occurrence of such issues; especially during ageing
- Massage Therapy – This is done to boost the blood flow and to relieve the tension from the specific pain junctions
When these options prove futile then the patients are recommended a surgical repair.
Cost of surgery
India as a medical tourism hub has become one of the most favoured choices from patients all around the world. There are several reasons but one of the main reasons behind this continually increasing popularity is the cost effectiveness. The medical tourists visiting the Indian hospitals enjoy Slipped Disc surgery India cost benefits because the treatment packages are planned and customized as per the convenience of these patients. For example, the cost of Spinal Fusion surgery in India costs about $5,500 while the same procedure costs as high as $65,000. Also, the Laminectomy procedure is priced at $17,000 in India whereas the same costs $60,000 in USA.
How can I get treatment in India?
There is a plethora of services that the medical tourists can enjoy while they are in India for availed treatment and surgeries associated with Slipped Disc. These services include:
- Our association with the best hospitals where the treatment and surgeries can be planned
- The success rates of these hospitals are at par with the global standards
- Surgeries done by the top specialists
- With us the patients can avail maximum amount of Slipped Disc surgery India cost benefits
- Language translation services
- Services customized keeping patients as our priority
To get the above services, contact to DHEERAJ BOJWANI consultants at firstname.lastname@example.org or can make a call at +91 9860755000