The Best Cure for Epilepsy Treatment in Mumbai
What is Epilepsy?
Epilepsy is a chronic disorder, which leads to the occurrence of unprovoked, recurrent seizures. A seizure can be referred to as unexpected rush of electrical activity in the brain. There are two main types of seizures: Generalized seizures, which the whole brain and focal or partial seizures affecting just one part of the brain.
Often, a mild seizure can be a difficult thing to recognize, it can last for a few seconds and during this time the patient lacks awareness. But stronger seizures can lead to spasms and unmanageable muscle twitches, which may last for a few seconds to several minutes. During this, some people get confused or even lose consciousness but may not remember anything related to this later.
Some of the most commonly found or reported triggers are:
- lack of sleep
- illness or fever
- bright lights, flashing lights, or patterns
- caffeine, alcohol, medicines, or drugs
- skipping meals, overeating, or specific food ingredients
It is not always easy to identify the triggers. A single or a particular incident cannot be or does not mean that it is a trigger. Many times it is a combination of factors that may act as a trigger.
Some of the causes behind Epilepsy are serious illness or brain fever, traumatic brain injury, brain tumor or cyst, Dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease, lack of oxygen to the brain, a stroke, genetic or neurological disorders. Some of the treatment options for Epilepsy are:
- Anti-epileptic that is anticonvulsant, anti-seizure drugs: These medications are able to lower the number of seizures and for some people, they even eliminate seizures. But for the best results, the medication must be taken dedicatedly and exactly as prescribed.
- Vagus nerve stimulator: This is a device that is surgically implanted under the skin on the chest and it electrically stimulates the nerve running through the neck. This ultimately helps in preventing the seizures.
- Ketogenic diet: Many patients not responding to medication often benefit from this high fat and low carbohydrate diet.
- Brain surgery: in this mode of treatment, the specific area of the brain causing the seizures can be removed or altered.
Epilepsy – India perfect for treatment
Today, India has become a one-stop destination for treatment and procedures related to any kind of medical condition. India has the most developed hospitals, with cutting edge infrastructure, excellent and most modern diagnostic and treatment methodologies, vastly knowledgeable doctors and surgeons and the Epilepsy treatment cost in Mumbai, India is very cost effective. All these patient friendly attributes make India the perfect destination for availing Epilepsy treatment.
Best hospital for Epilepsy Surgery in Mumbai
There are many hospitals in India, especially in Mumbai, which are extremely advanced and have the best facilities for Epilepsy treatment and the related procedures. These hospitals are the best when it comes to the associated treatment for Epilepsy. The doctors and surgeons with these hospitals are highly competent and have years of training and experience in this field. These hospitals make sure that the patients are given superlative care and complete recovery.
Cost of Treatment in India
India is one of the very few countries with the most attractive feature of affordability when it comes to availing treatment. The same applies for the treatment of Epilepsy. More and more patients are visiting India for getting rid of this serious health issue. As compared to many other leading countries, while in India the international patients have to shell out much lesser amount of money.
Send your queries at email@example.com to get fast respond. To book online appointment call on +91 9860755000.
Zero waiting Appointment via Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants
At Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants, we are continually striving to provide the best of healthcare services to the international patients. We provide services catering to every aspect related to medical tourism.
- We offer treatment at the best hospitals of India, highly reputed for the wide span of treatments available
- We have the best doctors and surgeons empanelled with us
- We keep our processes very simple for the comfort of our patients
- We offer medical visa assistance to help these patients get timely treatment
- In case of language difficulties, we can provide language translators
- Very low priced Epilepsy treatment cost in Mumbai
- We also provide excellent follow up services to ensure complete recuperation